I had a great chat with fellow Irishman and abstract artist Richard Hearns. Richard has been described as one of the best-kept secrets in Irish contemporary art. He is represented by galleries in New York, Paris, Beirut, San Francisco, London, and Dublin. He is collected around the world and he has had regular solo exhibitions in New york. We go right into abstraction and how it works for him, the spiritual side of his art practice, his representational work and a lot more . . .
Here is what we talk about:
- Being visible and approachable as an artist,
- The role of an artist in the community,
- Creative heroes,
- Childlike approach to painting,
- Abstract art criticisms,
- Evaluating abstract art,
- Creative process,
- The spirit in art,
- The influence of martial arts,
- Art business,
- Blogging and social media,
- Getting out of your comfort zone,
- Most moving picture to make,
- Artistic challenges,
- Future plans,
To find out more about Richard and his work
Most moving painting to make . . .
Thanks for listening!
Click here to support the podcast.
Theme music by The Argyle Pimps. Thanks lads.