Patreon and Paypal link –
Another Uncut Podcast. In this episode, I am chatting with artist, Stanka Kordic in Ohio. Stanka answers your questions on a variety of subjects.
Referenced in this episode
“Notes to myself on beginning a painting”
by Richard Diebenkorn
- Attempt what is not certain. Certainty may or may not come later. It may then be a valuable delusion.
- The pretty, initial position which falls short of completeness is not to be valued – except as a stimulus for further moves.
- DO search.
- Use and respond to the initial fresh qualities but consider them absolutely expendable.
- Don’t “discover” a subject – of any kind.
- Somehow don’t be bored but if you must, use it in action. Use its destructive potential.
- Mistakes can’t be erased but they move you from your present position.
- Keep thinking about Pollyanna.
- Tolerate chaos.
- Be careful only in a perverse way.
Trailer for the documentary about Japanese Action Painter Ushio Shinohara.
Previous episodes referenced in this episode
Thanks for listening!
Theme music by The Argyle Pimps. Thanks lads.