Gregory Mortensen spent 12 years studying painting. It shows. His work has been on the cover of American art Collector magazine a couple of times. He has been in numerous group and solo shows. He has just finished his latest one man show at the Arcadia gallery in New York called – Zion’s Children – which is of children in an orphanage in Haiti that he has been involved with since 2010.
Here is what we talk about:
- Working in an orphanage in Haiti,
- Painting the children from the orphanage,
- Teaching art to the children of the orphanage,
- 12 years of art training,
- The story of the painting, “Gethsemane.”
- Excavating the machinery of sight
To find out more about Gregory and his work
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and rating on iTunes.
I read every review and it helps to make the podcast better.
Music by The Argyle Pimps. Thanks lads.